Sunday, February 7, 2010

Swimming 101

Although it is the middle of winter here in Germany, we are so blessed to be at a base that has an awesome Indoor Swimming Pool! Last month I signed the boys up for swimming lessons. They both love to swim and are really good swimmers, but to me swimming is such a life skill. So for the past 3-4 summers I have signed Aaron up. Really, I signed them up here so that they would have something to do on the weekend, I mean it did feel a little weird to signup for swim lessons right in the middle of a snow storm. Any whoooo....

Our first few lessons went great! Aaron was doing great and his instructor said he would be right on target within the next 2 lessons! Great!! Music to Mom's ears! Ace is a really good swimmer for his age. I attribute this to Keyona , dragging always inviting us to join her and Lael at the pool. With that said, the swim lessons were set up much different here. So I went with a level that I thought Ace would do just fine in. Not too hard, but not too easy. RIGHT!!! After this last lesson....in which I sorda pretended that he was not my child. Yes I did say that. He was a maniac!! Jumping all over the place, spashing water, I suppose normal "pool stuff", but he was suppose to be learning how to swim. As I sat there, I really thought I was going to pass out when he threw a diving ring and it nearly knocked a lady out. I smiled and almost turned my head, ya know like I was looking around for "that kids" Mom. But, I didn't I smiled and apologized. I have to say she didn't look too amused. After the class I approached the instructor and apologized for Ace's "wildness" and to my surprise she says "Oh, no Ace is a great swimmer! He needs to be moved up a few levels, I think he's just bored." Oh, music to Mom's ears, music to Mom's ears!

3 comments:

Keyona said...

Ace is gonna do great. I can still hear him saying "I want Miss Keyona to get in with me". Love him! ;)

JJ said...

Oh, that is funny! But way to go on the rockstar swimming!

Blackfriday said...

great post thanks for sharing.Black Friday VR Deals